|VOLUNTEER WITH US|
We need you!! You can volunteer in your child's classroom, in the garden, supervise field trips, help make a Dealey event a success, work on a committee, or join the PTA Executive Board. See if there is a volunteer opportunity that is a good fit for your skills and time.
We ask every parent to give a "Day to Dealey" by volunteering for 8 hours or more during the school year.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
Complete a volunteer application and watch Orientation online via VOLY. Click here to complete your application and orientation.
- Explore information about different volunteer roles below. Determine if one or more volunteer opportunities fits your skills and time.
- Contact our Volunteer Committee Chair at email@example.com and discuss your positions of interest.
- Show up ready to have fun!
PTA volunteer opportunities are announced through your teacher, your teacher's Room Rep, via the Dealey PTA Facebook page, and in the weekly Eblast. You can find open committee positions below along with their description.
OPEN POSITIONS (see Descriptions Below)
- Nature Exchange Lead
- Spring Fundraiser
- Carnival Co-Chair
- Membership Co-Chair
- PTA Directory
- Middle School Committees
2021-22 DEALEY PTA COMMITTEEs
|FAMILY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE POSITIONS|
Family Affairs Committee Chair: Rebecca Currie
- Recruits volunteers.
- Advertises volunteer needs and encourages VOLY (DISD's volunteer management system) usage.
- Recognizes volunteers.
- Most of this role can be completed remotely.
|FACULTY RELATIONS COMMITTEE POSITIONS|
Faculty Relations Committee Chair: Rachel Bowers
- Coordinates this anonymous gift program for our teachers and staff.
- This role recruits volunteers, sends monthly reminders, and plans an end of year "reveal" party.
- The majority of this role can be completed from home.
|COMMUNICATION COMMITTEE POSITIONS|
Communication Committee Chair: April Ogboenyiya
April Ogboenyiya & Jennifer Fitzgerald
- Maintains content and design of the website including the online store.
- This typically requires around 30 minutes of weekly maintenance with some additional hours for training/updates in the beginning of the school year.
- Makes updates to Dragon Wagon store items and event-specific needs periodically during the year.
|TREASURER COMMITTEE POSITIONS|
Treasurer Committee Chair: Jahna Bower
- Assists treasurer with various responsibilities including reconciliation of online payment accounts such as PayPal.
|SECRETARY COMMITTEE POSITIONS|
Secretary Committee Chair: Sammie Cho
|MIDDLE SCHOOL COMMITTEE POSITIONS|
Middle School Committee Chairs: Rebecca Cheney
- Plans Broomball Welcome event in August for 7th and 8th grades.
- Takes lead on End of Year Dance.
- Attends 1st Controlled Chaos of the year to learn event.
- Heads the 2nd Controlled Chaos.